The RRB NTPC exam is scheduled on 15th December 2020 by the railway authorities. It is considered one of the hardest papers of the country where millions of candidates compete to get a government job. Though the job openings are in the thousands. A good preparation can play a key difference in success and defeat.
RRB NTPC preparation 2020
The main factor that needs to be kept in mind while attempting paper is to ensure that negative marking is prevented and studying from day one is also required. Other important points to keep in mind about the exam are as follows:
- The candidates should know that the exam has 3 sections: general awareness, reasoning and mathematics.
- There are total 3 stages of the exam: prelims, Mains and Skill(aptitude) Test
- Negative marking will cut one third of the total marks.
- Candidates must check syllabus and exam pattern thoroughly before starting the preparation of the exam
- The best and the most recommended way to prepare for the exam is RRB NTPC free online mock test
- By taking mock tests candidates can analyse their performance and increase their proficiency.
- Solving more mock tests can help in boosting the confidence of candidates but also help in making a strategic plan to get maximum marks in the exams
RRB NTPC exam pattern
It Is important for candidates to know the pattern for the exam as it is a crucial element of the exam.
The following is the exam pattern of RRB NTPC Exam 2020 is:
General Awareness – 40 marks
Mathematics- 30 marks
General intelligence and reasoning- 30 marks
Total marks – 100 Marks and no of Questions- 90 minutes
RRB NOTIFICATION 2020
RRB releases the RRB NTPC notification every year to conduct RRB NTPC to fill posts in the Indian railways. The recruitment is conducted for the following posts:
- Junior clerk cum typist
- Accounts clerk
- Junior time keeper
- Trains clerk
- Ticket clerk
- Traffic assistant
- Goods guard
- Senior ticket clerk
- Junior account assistant
- Senior time keeper
- Station master
- Commercial apprentice
RRB NTPC vacancies
The total vacancies have been deducted to 35,208 reducing the number of DLW vacancies from RRB Allahabad. The vacancies have been decreased from 4099 to 4030 in Allahabad region. Total 1.26 crores candidates have registered for the RRB NTPC Exam.
RRB NTPC CUT OFF
There are multiple facts that decide the cut off for the exam. The primary factors are:
- Total no of candidates registered for the exam
- The zonal wise no of vacancies released in notification
- The difficulty level of the exam
- Highest scores by the applicants
Candidates 20 times the number of NTPC vacancies are selected for CBT II and based on this cut off is decided. The probable cut off for the CBT I of RRB NTPC is:
General – 80-84
OBC – 77-79
SC – 70-72
ST – 66-68
RRB NTPC 2020 Process
The candidates have to pass the CBT I in order to qualify for the second stage. Approximately, 8 times the number of vacancies will be called for the typing test once they pass stage 2. Apart from qualifying typing exams candidates need to pass the medical tests which is the final step for the selection.
RRB NTPC medical standards
Candidates must check that they fulfil the prescribed medical test or not for the job position they have applied for. For that they should check the guidelines released by the Railways recruitment board. Candidates found unfit in the medical test will be disqualified not considering how good they have performed in all the other tests.
RRB NTPC 2020 DOCUMENT VERIFICATION
Candidates equal to the no of vacancies are called for document verification. The candidates are called for document verification under the following circumstances:
- On the basis of performance of the candidate in CBT II and on the basis of performance of the candidate in both CBT/TEST and 2nd stage CBT(as applicable)
- Candidates equal to Fifty percent (may decrease or increase at the sole decision of Railway Recruitment Board) of the total no of openings for various posts.